Why Go Green? Due to the imminent shortage of fossil fuels, all of us are called to conserve energy. In addition, burning fossils fuel will also generate carbon dioxide, which is a major contributor towards the greenhouse effect and global warming.
Experts estimate that coal could only lasts for another 80 years whereas petrol and natural gas, may last for another 50 years. It would be hard to imagine how the world would be like 100 years later but there is one thing you can do now, that is to preserve energy to protect our planet.
Tenaga Nasional Berhad (“TNB”) uses both coal and natural gas to generate electricity. Based on their survey, most consumers use 30% more electricity than they need. Their website states:-
“The more electricity you used, the more you have to pay. Therefore the simplest way to reduce your electricity bill is to use electricity efficiently. However, this does not mean that you need to compromise your standard of living or cut down your comfort level”
Therefore, by going green, not only are we saving our planet, we are also saving money!
There are numerous ways to protect our planet for our next generation as suggested below:-
- Close your curtains to prevent direct sunlight from entering the room;
- Turn off lights, computers, fan, shower heater switches and all other electrical appliances when not in use;
- Use natural lights wherever possible;
- Boil only the required amount of water;
- Do not overload the refrigerator;
- Let food cool before putting into the refrigerator;
- Clean fan blades regularly to ensure it works efficiently;
- Be kind to the trees and shrubs as they will help to reduce the greenhouse effect;
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! Our local council has placed numerous recycling bins in Westlake Homes, make full use of them;
- Drive less and drive smart. Car pool whenever possible;
- Conserve water by not allowing the tap to run when brushing teeth or washing clothes. Take note that processing clean water will also used up energy.
It makes Sense to save Sen!